Friday 24 October 2014

Blueberry Muffins with Almond Meal

I had a craving for a muffin this morning so started playing around with ingredients I had in the pantry.
Here's how things panned out.

Dry Ingredients    

3/4 Cup GF Plain Flour (Sifted)
1/2 Cup Almond Flour (Sifted)
1 tsp GF Baking Powder
3/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
1/4 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Wet Ingredients

2 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil (melted and cooled)
Grated zest of 1 lemon

I whizzed my wet ingredients up quickly in my mixer then added to my dry mix until just combined.
I then added 1 cup blueberries (I used frozen).  Do not over-mix.

Divide evenly between 12 muffin cases and bake at 175 degrees for approximately 25 minutes or until golden on top, spring back when lightly touched or when a skewer inserted comes out clean.



 

















Happy with these although on the smaller side, they were light and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment