Friday 28 March 2014

Little Fishy Fabulous

Whilst my kids would happily eat sausages and salad every night of the week.. - EEK!  I had a hankering for something different, something nutritious, something tasty, but most of all something SIMPLE.

"We really don't eat enough fish!" I declared.. but no-one was listening..
and so, while the wee folk feasted on sausages.. AGAIN..
I decided that I was going to cook myself a little fishy fabulous!

Really simple.  Really quick. 

1 medium sized piece of skinless salmon (or leave skin on - totes your call)
Season with pepper only as the soy will provide enough saltiness in the sauce 

Fry your piece of salmon in a little butter and olive oil - approx. 4 minutes either side ,depending on portion size - set aside to rest.

Steam some Pak Choy for around 4-5 minutes (tops)

You can't go wrong with the following combination I like to call The Holy Trinity - GARLIC CHILLI & GINGER

2 cloves of garlic finely chopped  or do as I do and use Gourmet Garden Chunky Garlic Paste

Fresh chilli - roughly a 1/4 of a long red chilli  or 1 teaspoon of hot chilli paste - I use Gourmet Garden Hot Chilli Paste
1/2 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger - I use Gourmet Garden Ginger Paste

Mix together the following in a separate bowl ~  


2 Tablespoons Water
1/2 teaspoon GF cornflour
1 teaspoon sugar
1 Tablespoon GF soy sauce

To a clean pan add a little oil and fry garlic, chilli & ginger until fragrant, then add your soy sauce mix (as above). Stir until desired consistency is achieved.

Plate up!  Pak Choy first, place fish on top and finally drizzle with sauce.

Melt-in-your-mouth DELICIOUS.  Happy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment