Sunday 26 January 2014

Being Thankful - Happy Australia Day


As I sit here in the perfect 31degrees of it all I am THANKFUL.

I am thankful for the sunshine.
I am thankful for the cool swim.
I am thankful for the lifestyle we have as AUSTRALIANS.
I am thankful for the freedom.
I am thankful for the environment.
I am thankful for the good nature and decency of 98% of people that live in the lucky country.

I am NOT thankful for the dickheads who get off on lighting senseless fires.  I AM thankful for the unwavering bravery of our fireies.


I am NOT thankful for the dickheads who get off on king hitting some unsuspecting soul.  I AM thankful for constructive action to implement positive change.

I am NOT thankful for the bullying that is plaguing the youth of today.  I AM thankful for zero tolerance and positive role models.


I am thankful for the health of my family.  I am especially thankful for a diagnosis for my Coeliac daughter.  I am NOT thankful for the Coeliac part but I AM thankful that it is easily tackled, requires no medication and that a gluten free lifestyle means a happy & healthy little girl.  THRIVING even. 
I am also extremely thankful, that without her diagnosis, my own could quite possibly never have happened and could have led to dire straits later on (and not the Money For Nothing kind).  Every cloud has a silver lining.

and I am thankful for L A M I N G T O N S
<gluten free of course>



No comments:

Post a Comment