Monday 29 July 2013

Got Chocolate. Not Afraid to Use It.


I have thousands of cookbooks.  I think my collection is ample but I just keep on adding to it.  It's a sickness I tell you and I got it bad.  Hello. My name is Tara and I have a compulsion to buy.. just one more cookbook. The upside is, I'm never short of a great recipe or inspiration which leads me to this next little gem.

I found a great recipe recently in the very fabulous - Artisanal GLUTEN-FREE Cupcakes by Kelli & Peter Bronski.  SEE HERE  Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes no less.
The recipe was already perfect but I like to put my own spin on things so the following is an adaptation of the original.  Here's what I did -

Ingredients                                             

250g butter
1 cup water
1/2 cup GF cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1+1/2 cups GF plain flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour
2 tsp xanthan gum
1+1/2 tsp GF baking powder
1+1/2 tsp bi-carb soda
1/2 tsp salt  




Method

Pre-heat oven to 180° and prep your patty cases in your baking tin.
Heat butter, water and cocoa over a medium heat until butter has melted.
Put sugar in electric mixer bowl, add the butter-cocoa mix & mix on low for 5 minutes. 
Add eggs one at a time incorporating each one well into the mix at each addition.
Add sour cream and vanilla, mix in well.
In a separate bowl combine your dry ingredients - sift twice!
Add dry ingredients to wet and mix at medium-low speed until just combined. Don't over-mix.
Fill each patty case 3/4 full.  Mix is quite thick - Don't panic.
Smooth each top then place in oven to cook for 25 minutes.
Allow cupcakes to cool in tin for 10 minutes then remove & allow to cool completely on a wire rack 

Now this recipe called for Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Raspberry Sauce.

WHIPPED. CHOCOLATE. GANACHE.

Yes you read correctly. I just like saying it out loud..slowly..

WHIPPED. CHOCOLATE. GANACHE. 

The Whipped Chocolate Ganache was decadent enough for me.. I never made it to the raspberry sauce...
 

There's always next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment