This recipe is from the Coeliac Society Gluten Free Recipe Book (2nd Edition)
125g (1/2 cup) softened butter
100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon bicarb. soda
125ml (1/2 cup) milk
2-3 ripe bananas
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
400g (2 cups) GF self-raising flour
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease a large loaf tin.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Add bicarb. soda to milk.
- Mash bananas and add to milk mixture.
- Add banana mixture to egg mixture and beat until well combined. Add vanilla.
- Fold in the sifted flour. Stir until all the ingredients are just combined. Spoon into prepared tin and smooth surface.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 45-50 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in tin for 5 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.